It would appear I have been nominated for this nifty thing known as The Liebster Award by N, the writer at https://therebemonstershere.com/ !
I quite like N’s work–they do an excellent job at painting a story that flows very well. The horror and fearful focuses of the pieces are always a joy to read! Also always remember to click on the image above the piece 😀
I’m quite happy to see I’ve been nominated, so I’m going to follow the rules (which can be found below–I think I followed them) and list some blogs that I think you should check out! So–thank you, N!
…It says to share 5 at minimum but, um, I’m working on the whole socializing more + some of the ones I was going to suggest have well over the 1,000 max rule!
https://dearthief.blog/ — She’s my friend. On a hiatus for now, but her writing is really good!
https://littlefrogscribbles.wordpress.com/ — Really awesome reviews on books and movies! … Some of her stuff has helped me decide if I want to spend the money on a movie or not.
https://fictigristle.wordpress.com/ — I found his stuff via Daily Science Fiction! His writing is fun and I quite like what I’ve seen. This is also the story in question.
The Liebster Award is an opportunity for bloggers to recognize and support other bloggers for their achievements. It’s available between January 1 – December 31, 2018. All nominations are voluntary and geared towards blogs with 1000 readers or less. The Rules are below if the nominees choose to accept.
- IF YOU HAVE BEEN NOMINATED AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT, WRITE A BLOG ABOUT THE LIEBSTER AWARD, IN WHICH YOU:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog, by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or “gadget.” (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your computer, and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself which will be provided by the person who nominated you. Provide eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award, and who have less than 1000 followers. (NOTE: you can always ask the blogger how many followers he or she has, as not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information).
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published the blog, you have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you have nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post, so that they may learn about it.
N’s questions to me are:
1 – What was your favourite scary story as a child?
Hmm…I used to get scared pretty easily. Well. Sometimes. It was really hard to predict. I always enjoyed Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark–those were fun!
2 – Who is your favourite book character of all time?
I can’t pick one. I just can’t. … Snape. Severus Snape. He’s such an awful person, but I’m really impressed with what Rowling did with him. I know I have way more from plenty of other books I’ve read, but we’ll settle for Snape.
3 – When did you first begin writing?
As soon as I could write a cohesive sentence. Before then I actually drew my stories out. I remember my mom watching a documentary about how Disney made Sleeping Beauty and they were showing storyboards. Apparently 5yo me picked up on that. I remember drawing out my first story like it was a storyboard for a movie which was about an evil Warlock kidnapping people.
4 – Who of your friends have you used as characters in the things you have written?
-insert ‘huehuehuehue’ gif-
5 – Were you a ghost, where and who would you haunt?
A museum exhibit about the era I grew up in. I’d then mess with the curator’s hair anytime they got something wrong. Or if they got it right but it upsets my ghostly sensibilities of the 90s anyway.
6 – If you were given the opportunity to live in any era, what and where would it be?
Well, anything post 1926. I’d like to not catch the Killer Flu as well as be with people who know that hand washing is a good idea. I’m also Jewish so uhhhh…well. I guess the 1950s is an option–could go hang out with my grandpa and do Civil Rights stuff. I’ll stick to the more tolerant areas or something to decrease the risk of rocks thrown at my windows in December.
Or I’d try the 1960s where I could watch Star Trek air for the first time on TV! … Oh and see what would happen if I prevented the assassinations of MLK and Bobby Kennedy. Hmm…would Brezhnev have liked Bobby K as much as he liked Nixon…
7 – What noises can you hear right now?
Spotify music and the cickity-clackity of my mechanical keyboard.
8 – If you could make one blog related statement, what would it be?
I need to stop being bad at posting and commenting on peoples’ work and, like, make a habit of it being a daily thing. Sorry to the people who I nominated and it seems like I just jumped out of the bushes before disappearing again!
Questions for you people who may or may not want to do this:
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your least favorite movie and why?
- Do you enjoy playing video games?
- If there was a chance to take a one-way colonizing trip out into space, would you do it?
- Which fictional universe would you enjoy living in?
- What is your favorite album?
- How do you like to start your day?
- Where would you like to travel to (fictional or not)?
- If you had the world’s attention for a solid 15mins, what would you do with that time?
- Link to your favorite recipe! … Please? (see, now it’s a question!)
- Do you have any pets?
Thanks for making it this far and have a great day/evening!